So its been about a month since I’ve rebranded my blog. The task was not that difficult because I found an amazing lady named Noor who helped me create my vision to reality. Plus she’s extremely reasonable too! For those of you asking why I rebranded from a blog that I had been pouring my heart and soul over the last 5 years, here are a few reasons why.
1. I needed a change. First and foremost the blog I had created 5 years ago, was when I was in graduate school. As life usually does, I grew up a lot since that. My old blog, Fierce, Fabulous and Fit, was mainly healthy eating, exercise tips and my every day life. Fast forward to graduating with my Masters, getting married, buying a house, finding out we were expecting and then our biggest news of all, moving to Georgia from the Midwest, my blog just didn’t feel like me anymore. I needed a change because I had changed so much and so, Cait’s Cozy Corner came about.
2. Someone who knew HTML. I’m not good at HTML. In fact, I’m horrible at it. For the majority of you who are on a tight budget like myself, I wanted someone to create my vision without this tired, full time working Mom toying over code that goes right over my head. Meet my best friend Noor, who also lives on the other side of the world. Her work is beautiful and she’s so easy to work with. Easy with asking the right questions, coming up with a game plan and executing it. In fact, from chatting and sharing with her what I wanted for my blog, she had it up and ready to go within a few weeks! It was incredible!
3. A wider audience– Since growing from the tiny grad student I was to becoming a full time employer, wife and mother, all within a new city, I wanted to expand my audience. I was a new person and needed to broad my horizons with new followers. Since my blog is a life and style blog, meaning I share almost everything and anything with you all, I wanted to create that sense of space within it.
4. A new name. Finally, a new name was something I was longing for. As with the change I mentioned above, I wanted something that was still me, but a fresh start. My name of course had to be in there to stand out but I love the alliteration of Cozy Corner. We all have our little corner of the blog world as fashion bloggers, mom bloggers, career bloggers, DIY bloggers…it’s endless. My corner always tends to be curled up with a warm fire, a cozy blanket and a book. Thus, my name and Cozy Corner just fit me.
5. It’s kind of scary but that’s good. Believe me, when I thought about re branded I was scared. Would I loose all my followers? Would people want to follow this one? Change is good in my eyes and wanting to do this was a leap of faith. I wanted to put more effort into this one, take better pictures and learn the ins and out’s of what it takes to be a great blogger.
So there you have it. anyone else thinking of wanting to rebrand or have you done it and had a different outcome? I’d love to hear your thoughts!