When I began blogging almost 6 years ago, I was inspired by the blogs I saw reaching out, inspiring and sharing amazing advice. I wanted to be one of those bloggers, who could create a corner for men and woman all over the world to come and enjoy my posts. I wanted to be a life and style blogger because I love fashion, eating lots of food, traveling the world and sharing the experience and moment of it all with total strangers. I mean, I’ve met so many incredible people I never thought possible. I’ve reached out to bloggers who share my same passion, drive and need. I felt like other bloggers from across the country understood what I was going through. They got me!
But sometimes my friends in the real world didn’t. Sometimes my friends wouldn’t get why I was running around trying to take the perfect photo of my food, that great angle of a detailed dress or asking them to take 123719 pictures of me or with me. I get it. It’s a different world for them. Thankfully, a few of them were supportive, encouraging and made me feel like what I was writing about mattered. So to those of you that are not in the blog world, here’s how you can support your blogging buddy.
1. Subscribe to their blog. Of course you want to know what’s going on their blog! By subscribing to their blog via Bloglovin or honestly just reading it in general, you’re helping their numbers. You’re a follower, someone whose a supporter and that’s incredible.
2. Comment. You don’t have to comment all the time on their blog. Even if it’s a friendly text or e-mail saying ‘ Great post today! ‘ the act of just saying that makes us feel appreciative. We want to know we’re reaching out to you, making a difference and a small comment like that makes everything worth it.
3. Follow on Social Media. Many bloggers have various social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. While you don’t have to follow every single one, I share different things on each platform for various audiences so people can learn more about me. For instance, I share mostly fashion on Instagram but post funny/serious tweets on Twitter. I also share more behind the blog scenes/family life on Snapchat.
4. Tell Your Friends. Sharing posts/giveaways and more with your friends is incredible. Word of mouth is so important and if you really thought a post was worth sharing, we can’t thank you enough for doing so! Watching followers increase on any platform is important because we want to reach out to as many people as possible who can relate to us. You make it happen by talking about our blog to others.
5. Appreciate Us. In a sense, that’s all we really want. Understand that we document our lives for strangers. We take ridiculous pictures, we share advice, we encourage others and we love that your there to help us every step of the way. If we don’t go out on a Friday night because we’re up half the night getting a big post together, understand that it’s ok. There are a million Friday nights out there! Keep encouraging and appreciate what we do. Because really, if it weren’t for you, this blog wouldn’t be possible. You keep us grounded, alive and willing to keep posting.
Thank you to all of my friends who have helped me chugging along, encouraging posts, sharing ideas and understanding that this blog really does mean so much to me. Your words of advice, your stories and your love makes this blog possible.