This past weekend was one that was seriously one the happiest I’ve had in a long time. Zach and I traveled to Atlanta to visit a co-worker of mine for her wedding. While we were there, we also visited friends, attending a baseball game, went to brunch at some of our favorite places and just enjoyed the sunshine, the laughter and good friends.
It truly doesn’t take much to be happy and put a smile on your face. What are some things that make you smile and fill your heart with job? Did you know that the majority of them are actually FREE too? I’m sharing a few of my favorite things!
1. Reading A Book-You all know I love a good book to read ( or podcast for that matter ) so for me, crawling into bed after a long day and drifting off to a new place or getting to know a great character makes me happy! What about you? Do you love diving into a new read?
2. Going On A Walk– This has become a new thing for me and my little guy. I used to love working out but have been finding it difficult to find some time to do so with being a SAHM now. Believe me, there’s a lot of lies out there that you have time to do it all, but being outside and enjoying the fresh air with Landon is such a relaxing and rewarding thing for us to do together.
3. Smile At Someone– This is a favorite of mine and so easy to do to anyone that you come into contact. Just the other day I was out in my own head running around the grocery store and almost ran into another woman with her kids with our carts. I felt so awful and all she did was smile nicely and say not to worry about it. So simple and yet its so affective! When was the last time you smiled at someone?
4. Give Something To Someone – Remember all those old clothes you don’t wear? What about the shoes or kitchen items you’ve hardly touched? Didn’t your friend just mention she was trying to remodel something in her home and you never use that old Insta Pot? Why not donate it or give it someone in need!
5. Be Honest – You’ve heard the saying “honesty is the best policy” and it’s so true! I remember being a little kid and lying to my parents about something. I had such an awful pit in my stomach and truly am one of the worst liars out there. If you’re honest about something, you’re speaking the truth and staying true to yourself. You’re keeping the truth between you and your significant other, your best friend and family members. Remember though, even if you’re honest, make sure you pick your words carefully.
6. Listen To Others – There are moments where I feel as if I need to vent to my girlfriends about something that is going on in my life. There are a few that I know that I can call up and no matter what they are doing, they offer a lending ear and advice to help walk me through it. Listening is such a great gift and an easy one to do too.
7. Simplify Your Life – When I’m feeling anxious or stressed out, one of the things that starts to calm all of that down is decluttering something. It can be anything- decluttering a room, your closet, your blog, friends..etc. The point is, to be happy, you may realize you don’t need everything and anything but only a small handful of things and the same goes for relationships. Simplify and fill your life with items and friends that make you happy.
8. Believe – When you start to feel down, one free thing that makes me start to turn my frown upside down is believing that I can do something. Sometimes I actually picture me finishing the project, the goal I have or the earnings I want to strive for. Believing it can come true is certainly a way to keep you excited for the future and checking off your items to get accomplished.