- this post is sponsored by Buddy Headphones. All opinions and pictures are my own.
If you’ve ever traveled with a baby or a toddler, you know it isn’t easy. Traveling with more than one? Oh boy. Kids have unique needs and as a parent, you have to be prepared for any number of surprises. And when you’re on an airplane, it’s even harder to manage those challenging situation! I mean I get it! Nobody really wants to be in a cramped area for hours on end. You ma have forgotten to pack that one favorite toy your child wanted or any snacks because you were in a hurry.
Most people are understanding of the challenges parents traveling with kids face. If they aren’t there’s not much you can do about it but demonstrate that you’re doing your best to control the situation. I think the thing that irritates people most is when it looks like parents are turning a blind eye to a child’s disruptive behavior. But when you’re clearly doing your best, most people will sympathize and maybe even offer to lend a helping hand. I mean, we’ve all been there are some point right
There aren’t too many essentials that you’ll need depending on how long your flight is. My kids are pretty good about staying in their seat but if it’s your first time, my advice would be to board in the first group to get your kids comfortable. This was actually Landon’s second plane ride so I was a little nervous on how he was going to do. Thankfully, these big essentials were a huge game changer for us.
- Headphones – My kids enjoy having some quiet time to themselves and bringing headphones on the plane is a huge help so they can watch their favorite shows or movies. I recently received these Buddy Phones and the kids went crazy over them. For one thing, they are wireless and have over 14 hours of battery life. This is huge if your plane doesn’t offer any videos to watch and you only have a tablet with you ( it can sync up iPhone, Kindle or tablet ). It has an adjustable headband so as your child grows, it grows with them. The best part about Buddy Phones they fold up and have a small pouch so you can safely store and keep them in a secure spot when you’re traveling.
2. Surprise Toy – My mom actually mentioned this when I told her we were traveling with both kids on an airplane. She said my sister and I used to love finding fun surprises in our backpack that she had found at the Dollar Section so I did the same thing with my kids! Depending on how long your flight is, you can bring out a new toy every half hour or hour so it keeps their focus.
3. Changing Station – I remember when Landon tried to lay down on a gross bathroom floor and I was so scared with all the germs that were surrounding us! Now, I pack this portable changing station that goes with me everywhere I go. You’ll need this, trust me!
4. Change of Clothes- Accidents always happen ( and of course in the worst way like on an airplane ) so make sure to pack a set of clothes with you if something dose happen!
5. Entertainment – Both my children love to color so I found these amazing water activity pad for them! You don’t have to worry about them coloring on seats or themselves because it’s just water. We love the Aqua Magic Mat so I knew they’d love something similar.
My biggest piece of advice for traveling with your kids is do the best you can. Truly. I’ have been there with a screaming toddler and everyone is giving you the mean eye rolled look. At the same time, it’s only a few torturous hours and you’ll never see these people again. It also can be fun and exciting to enjoy this new adventure with your little ones! I think having these 5 essentials is key to making the flight as smooth as possible!
What are some essentials you use when traveling on an airplane with your kids?