I asked a few of you on my Instagram stories if you’ve heard of the viral baked feta pasta that’s had everyone grabbing all the feta off the shelves! So many of you said you had no idea what I was talking about so I thought I would type it all here for you to reference. You’re welcome!
A few months ago this dish was the BIGGEST thing ever and I finally was able to get my hands on a block! This is a super creamy, hearty and downright delicious dish to make. However, the best part to me is the preparation because it takes 5 minutes to drizzle the olive oil, plop the tomatoes in, a few sprinkles of garlic, and add the feta block!
Ok, I know you are anxious to get to the recipe! And yes, if you’re wondering if my kids enjoyed it – they asked for seconds. Kid-approved is a wonderful thing ( try these favorite kid-approved pastas too )
- 2 pt Cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 c extra virgina olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- 8 ox block feta
- pasta ( I used penne)
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large ovenproof skillet or medium baking dish, combine tomatoes, shallot, garlic, and most of the olive oil. Season with salt and red pepper flakes and toss to combine.
- Place feta into the center of the tomato mixture and drizzle top with remaining olive oil. Scatter thyme over tomatoes. Bake for 30 minutes, until tomatoes are bursting and feta is golden on top.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining.
- To skillet with tomatoes and feta, add cooked pasta to skillet and stir until completely combined. Garnish with basil before serving.