Pasta is a staple in my home. When I was growing up it was a meal I loved having after a long day of school, soccer practice and racing bikes with my neighbors. It was a meal I scarfed down after building a huge snow fort in Chicago and it’s a meal that just brings happy memories and full bellies. It’s always a go to for me, can you tell?
Now as an adult, I run home from work, throw stuff into a pot and hope it comes together within 15 minutes-30 minutes otherwise it’s chaos with my toddler hungry and crying and my husband just ready to enjoy a warm meal. For me, a good pasta dish has to do with the sauce. Not just any sauce mind you but one that seems that it took you hours to make ( when really it’s only minutes ) and thanks to Ragu, it’s what I taste every time I cook with it.
That’s exactly what Ragu Homestyle pasta sauces are! For one, they have a variety of flavors to choose from such as Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Meat Sauce, Four Cheese, Roasted Garlic and Mushroom! One of the reasons why I adore these sauces is because these actually give each of your pasta dishes the delicious thick sauce you crave to hug each noodle! I wasn’t sure what I wanted to make first with my Homestyle Hearty Meat Sauce from looking at all these gorgeous recipes but decided on something simple, delicious and ready to eat in minutes! Cheesey Baked Ziti it is! Here’s what you’ll need!
- 16 oz box ziti pasta, uncooked
- 24 oz. jar Homestyle Hearty Ragu
- 1 – 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- dried basil
- Sage Sausage
- Cook pasta as directed on package in a large pot. Remove pasta.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add Ragu pasta sauce, tomatoes and cream cheese to large pot and cook until well blended and cream cheese is melted.
- Cook sage sausage in a medium pan until browned
- Add pasta and cooked sage sausage into the sauce pot and mix well.
- Layer half the pasta into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Top with sour cream, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese.
- Layer on the last of the pasta. Top with ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.