Is there anything more exciting than all of your favorite desserts combined into one delicious bar? I think not until I saw this the other day and knew I had to try and make it myself. I mean after all, while we are all stuck at home, why not treat yourself when your sweet tooth acts up?!
I mean this recipe is a mouthful to say ( and eat ) but these layers are worth the hype, I promise. You can make them using store-bought brownie mix and cookie dough, however, making them from scratch is better if you have time.
Cookie Dough Layer:
For some of us, grabbing just a tub of cookie dough is easiest to do but if you have the time like I said, make this cookie dough layer first and from scratch. The cookie dough layer goes on the bottom because it bakes a little quicker and is the sturdiest of the three layers. This makes a great base to hold the oreo and brownie layers.
The Oreos are layered on top of the chocolate chip cookie dough base. Layer as much as you can fit. I got about 16 on there, but if you cut them in half more Oreos fit in the pan. You can also use double stuffed Oreos if you like extra filling! Personally, that’s all I have in my pantry.
Finally pour the brownie batter on top. You need chocolate chips, butter, cocoa powder, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and flour. Mix the ingredients according to the instructions. The brownie batter will fill in the gaps between the Oreo cookies and create a nice shiny, crackly top. I like my fudgy so I followed the steps for that mix but if you want a more cake-like consistency, you just add one more egg.
How To Bake:
The brownie box will tell you to cook 30 minutes but because these layers are pretty dense and you want them to cook all the way through, we ended up cooking this for 45 minutes! Insert a toothpick in the center (try to avoid an Oreo). The toothpick will come out with little to no crumbs. I also cooked mine in a 9 x 13 pan but you can always use an 8 x 8 pan.
- Cookie Dough pre-made container
- Brownie box
- box of Oreos ( I used double stuffed )
- Vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 9 x 13 or 8 x8 baking pan
- parchment paper ( optional )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 or 8 x 8 baking dish with foil and coat generously with nonstick cooking spray. I also used parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- Flatten the cookie dough in the bottom of the prepared dish. Top with a layer of Oreos.
- Mix together brownie mix. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 15-25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting — brownies will still look gooey in the middle when warm, but will set up perfectly once cooled.