I’m a huge fan of easy, simple and full of flavor meals to make for my family. Meal Prepping is something I really enjoy doing and this doesn’t require much prep work what so ever! This yummy chicken and dumpling meal is such a comfort food especially during difficult moments like what we are in right now.
This easy crockpot chicken and dumplings recipe makes my life so much simpler. I use canned biscuit dough for the dumplings which makes the recipe so simple, but it still tastes like those classic chicken and dumplings everyone loves.
How To Make This Simple Dish
We’re keeping this recipe super easy and convenient because we all need easy and convenient comfort food some days, right?
You’re going to start with a couple of pounds of chicken breast in your slow cooker. I usually have a little under 3lbs or so.
Add some onions, garlic, and cream of chicken soup to the slow cooker. I add some canned cream of chicken soup after it’s in the crock pot.
Pour in some chicken broth and season everything with poultry seasoning, parsley, and pepper.
Give everything a quick stir and the cover the slow cooker.
I usually keep it on low for about 6-7 hours and then when the chicken is nice and tender, use a few forks and shred the meat to give it a good stir.
Open up a can of biscuits and press the dough into flat rounds. Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into narrow strips and drop those into the crockpot. Give it quick stir and then cover the pot and cook for another hour.
After an hour, you can serve it! You can either serve it up as is or you can put it on top of mashed potatoes but either way it’s super tasty!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of chicken broth
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 can Grands flaky refrigerator biscuits (I used a whole can, I like dumplings)
- Place Chicken breasts in crock pot and top with butter.
- Add 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- Add chicken broth
- Add diced onions and dried parsley
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low 8-9 hours
- Once cooked shred the chicken
- Cut biscuits into 9 pieces
- Add biscuits to the soup and stir
- Cover and cook on high for another hour
- Serve warm and enjoy!