I’ve been in denial when 2016 started. This was the year. The year that I leave my amazing 20’s and head into my 30’s. That’s right ladies and gentleman. I’m turning the big 30 at the end of July and while I have a month or so to go before that happens, I still want to enjoy the time I can with friends who aren’t going to be around for my big milestone.
Pineapples are super trendy right now and I didn’t want invite my friends over for a “Dirty 30” party but something fun, beachy and low key. Cue all things pineapples and paradise, including this adorable pineapple party hat I made for my friends! It’s simple to make and my toddler loved wearing hers all day because obviously I want to her to be there to enjoy the party as well. Here’s how you can make your own!
– Pineapple Party Hat template
-White Card Stock
-Green Tissue Paper
-Double Sided tape
1. Cut the card stock according to the template, then roll it to form a cone and use double sided tape to fasten.
2. Cut a piece of elastic string long enough to fit under a guest’s chin and tape ends opposite each other inside the cone.
3. Create tissue-paper fringe by making parallel cuts about 1/2 centimeter apart, leaving the opposite edge intact. Roll and stick the intact end into the top of the cone, securing with tape.
4. Cut triangles from yellow tape and stick to cone. Decorate with Stickers ( my toddlers favorite ).
5. Put on your party hat and enjoy!
With so many things happening this summer including a few weddings, my 30th birthday celebration and even sprinkling in 2 baby showers, American Greeting Cards make it simple to grab the perfect card to celebrate those milestones in life. Greeting cards are something I love to give out to friends, family and anyone whose in need of a simple reminder of gratitude. Since one of my other good friend’s just turned 30 as well, I found the perfect card that symbolizes our friendship and how I want this year to be everything she’s hoped for! I can’t wait to hear her reaction when she opens it!
Thanks to the American Greeting Card collection at my local Walmart, I was able to be in and out within minutes thanks to the up front location and easy access to their tissue paper and stickers that I needed to create my Pineapple Party Hat. There were also other American Greeting cards in the regular section of the store. For more great gift ideas, check out American Greeting cards on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and and Pinterest.