Your kids don’t come with a rule book. Some days my children are extremely well behaved and others it’s a nightmare. Regardless, I do always tell my children how much I love them and want them not only to hear it but see it. Recently Lily has been sharing with us how she doesn’t think she’s smart and she feels sad some days. That’s a lot to take in with an almost 9 year old!
Words are extremely powerful and our kids pick up on that. Words can hurt but most importantly, they can also build you up. I really want to build my kids up with powerful words and found a super easy way to do it, especially with Valentine’s Day right around the corner.
These love messages were a great way for them to wake up every day in the month of February and wake up to a new message. For the next 14 days, they each a had message that would boost their confidence. This was such a fun craft to do and something my kids love getting surprised with and starting their day off on the right foot.
- Trace 14 hearts on red or pink constructive paper
- Cut out hearts
- Write down what you love about your child
- Post on their door, mirror or put in their backpack
Ideas On What To Write:
- You’re a great _________ (sister/brother )
- I love when you _____________ !
- You’re such a wonderful helper!
- I appreciate when you ___________.
- You are super smart !
- You are a special friend!