Easy Chicken Skillet Nachos
When I first bought my skillet 3 years ago I had every intention of using it on a weekly basis. I’m almost embarrassed to admit that I haven’t used it ONCE since purchase it in. Clearly that needed to change ASAP!
My family was craving something simple, delicious and let’s be honest, anything Mexican related. What’s really great about this dish is that it’s not only fun and easy to make but it’s also great for serving crowds of friends that come over too. Who doesn’t love to dive into a huge plate of chicken nachos with all the toppings am I right?
I usually have a few frozen chicken breasts in our freezer along with various sides such as sweet corn thanks to my MIL and black beans. All I needed was cheese ( all the cheese ) and a few minutes to put this together! A quick tip for those that get a little nervous with shredding the chicken! I use my Kitchen Aid Mixer to do the work for me. I put in the warm chicken, set my mixer on level 3 and let it mix it up for a few minutes. Voila! Now you have shredded chicken as simple as that!
So, let’s finally share that simple recipe! I know your mouth is water as much as mine right now for this tasty recipe!
- Shredded chicken
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped ( my favorite chopper )
- sour cream
- In a large cast iron skillet (or other oven proof skillet) or a large rimmed baking sheet, spread tortilla chips in an even layer over the bottom.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the taco seasoning and water to your cooked shredded chicken and stir to combine. Add half of the shredded cheese, half of the chicken, half of the beans to the chips in the skillet.
- Put a second layer of chips to the skillet and top with the remaining cheese, chicken, and beans.
- Place the skillet in the hot oven to 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and top with tomatoes,
This is seriously super delicious to make. Even my husband, who loves the Egg Roll In A Bowl, was saying this may be his weekly favorite! So tell me friends, what’s on your weekly favorite menu?
What’s a must make meal for your family during the week?