I’m not perfect. In fact, those that see me as this perfect Mom who has it all together in my white kitchen baking the most delicious chocolate chip cookies, well you have it all wrong my friend. And that’s fine! I don’t strive to be perfect, but I do strive to do as much as I can without having a panic attack.
As part of @Citi this year, they are asking us to share what our goals are to #StandForProgress in support of the #RIO2016 #Olympics! I’m aiming to share some goals that I want to accomplish this summer for me and for my family.
1. RELAX– I never spend enough time doing this. Honestly I stress about relaxing sometimes always because I never truly can. With errands to run, pools to be filled up, treats to make, friends to see– the time is never truly relaxing unless I head to a spa day ( like every 4 years ). I need to do this.
2. Read 2 books – With summer I loved reading outside and now that we have our screened in porch outside, it’s the perfect place to sprawl out with a good book while enjoying the breeze. I know my new kitten will love the sunshine and listening to the birds too. And heck, maybe if I feel like watching Orange Is The New Black Again it may change my mind on the series.
3. Do more- If it’s even possible to add more to my already busy schedule of a week and weekend, I still want to venture out and do more with my family! There are still so many places we haven’t visited around the Atlanta area so were just planning out time to make it all happen!
4. Eat healthier– For whatever reason, summer makes me think of cold, rich smoothies and luscious green salads, all of which I’m craving at the moment. I’m not doing it just for bikini season or anything but just that it makes me feel better and showing my two year old that eating healthy is important. Zoodles forever!
5. Be Outside. That may seem silly to some but with Atlanta being super hot in the summer time, I tend to enjoy being indoors when it hits above 90. However, we did purchase an amazing blow up pool a few weeks ago and I know Lily is loving jumping in and out of the water all day. Guess I’ll just grab my swim suit and join her!