Happy Monday friends! It’s been a little bit since I did a fun Monday Mantra with you all so I wanted to pick it back up and get a few things underway. There’s been a lot of crazy activity going on behind the scenes of this little blog that I wanted to share a bit about ( it’ll be coming more this week so stay tuned ) but for now, this quote really resonated with me about getting out of comfort zone.
But hey- in truth, this blog post today is really for that person who wants to achieve big things- better things and knows deep down that they deserve all of that. So for you, I want to share a few encouragement words in hopes to maybe even convince you to step out of your own comfort zone today and take some risks along the way.
The last few months have been crazy- I mean just crazy but everyone’s life has ups and downs right? Life is just that fun twisty turny road that we love to drive around on so it can be fun and it can be nuts. I’ve got a few reasons as to why you NEED to get out of your comfort zone too so here goes!
1. You’ll Learn Something New– Did you know that definition of insanity is to be doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different outcome? We all want to change, but you have to go get out of that comfortable place that has you doing the same thing over and over again. I get that you’re nervous but when you break out, it’ll help you meet and learn something new. You’ll see new places, you’ll learn new skills and ultimately be a better version of yourself. Our move to Atlanta three years ago was a huge risk and way outside of our comfort zone because we knew absolutely no one, but it was the best thing we’ve ever done.
2. Change Will Happen Eventually – Change is scary and I totally understand that people can tend to enjoy doing the same thing- moving to a new town, meeting new people, get a new job, new conversation, new food? It’s overwhelming for sure! But once you get over those fearful thoughts and look past the bad that could actually happen- you’ll begin to focus less on where you are and where you see yourself. This small or big change can eventually lead you to getting your goals!
3. Confidence Does Take Practice – I don’t think we’re all born with confidence. I think it really does take practice. For instance, I’m actually really shy when I meet new people and it takes a while for me to warm up. I have to really practice be confident in my role as a Mom, my job and even a blogger. If you’re not confident in yourself, that’s probably the reason to do something spontaneous is not really in your field. You might fall, but you WILL get back up again. Do tings that might scare you. The more you do things that scare you, the more you’ll realize that you are capable of a lot more than you thought!
4. It Will Set You Up For Success– Success is a journey, not a destination. Enough sometime isn’t enough for some people. I’m always trying to think about what’s my next step- my next goal- my next dream. Sometimes that really helps instead of looking behind me at how far I’ve come. Be confident and proud of those gains but then realize, that you are more aware of your strengths, weaknesses and gains. If you step out of your comfort zone, you will set yourself up for success.
5. Regret Can Be Inevitable, But Also Avoidable – We all hate being in that void- that ‘wondering what if’ void. It’s crippling your decision to live. The cost of not following your heart and spending the rest of your life wishing you had, to me, that’s regret. It can be inevitable however YOU have the choice to avoid it the best you see fit. I’d rather regret what I did do instead of what I didn’t. How about you?
6. Great Things Never Came From Comfort Zones – I love reading success stories of people lives and how they accomplishes or succeed something by going outside their comfort zone ( my favorites are HERE and HERE ) . I love the adventure that they have to go on, the journey and of course the outcome of all of it.