Well hello summer! And nothing says summer quite like throwing a little party, whose main purpose is to get your friends to enjoy a little gathering outside. To elevate your game, I’ve shared a few food, fun and drinks to help you throw the best backyard BBQ this summer. Don’t fire up your grill without these few things!
1. Easy Cheesy Chicken Sandwiches – My children devour chicken like it’s going out of style so why not enjoy the taste of it on top of melted cheddar cheese, leafy spinach and of course, the perfect Ball Park Burger Buns! It’s a simple grill, place your toppings and chow down in minutes. Here’s what you need!
1. Grill your chicken breasts for 10-15 minutes per side
2. Place chicken breasts on a Ball Park® Burger Bun
3. Add your cheddar cheese and spinach
4. Place the top part of the Ball Park® Burger Bun on top of your sandwich ( my kids aren’t huge fans of having condiments so we just dunk ours in ketchup )
2. Ball Park Hot Dogs – Nothin’ says a goo ‘ol fashion BBQ then delicious Ball Park® Hot Dogs! You just have a few minutes on each side once your grill is going and then top them with your favorite toppings including our favorite condiment, mustard!
3. Quick Dips- I love creating easy dips that I can literally whip up in minutes before the guests arrive. Some of my favorite include this amazing edible cookie dough ( it’s gone in seconds ) and for my spicy friends, this Jalapeño dip.
1. Refreshing Iced Tea – Due to living in the South for 3 years, we’ve become accustom to delicious sweet tea. Lipton® Iced Tea Bags are the perfect summer drink to enjoy with your meal plus it only takes minutes to make, sip and enjoy.
2. Summer Cocktails- I always have a huge adult beverages to create when gathering up with friends and cocktails are one of my favorites. I love a good fizzy grapefruit margarita or a blackberry mojito. Why not make up your own to celebrate your summer?
3. Water – Not everyone may enjoy iced tea or cocktails so make sure to have plenty of water for everyone to stay hydrated during your BBQ event. You can even make cute labels that may go along with your BBQ theme.
Tips To Hosting
1. Make Sure you Have Enough Ice– This may seem obvious, but volume is key here. More than you think you need. A quick rule of thumb is one pound of ice per person, per hour. The last thing you need is the beer getting warm. That would be disastrous.
2. Keep bugs away– If you suddenly notice your guests slowly trickling out, it’s probably because they’ve become an all-you-can-eat buffet for gnats, green heads, and mosquitos. Try using a lantern that actually repels bugs or bringing in natural oils like peppermint.
3. Make Clean Up Easy– Try not to worry about dirty dishes or utensil by providing an easier option! Paper plates, cups, napkins and utensils! The worst part is trying to pick everything up but having a trash can near by for your guests to throw everything away will make it easy for you when the night is over.
I was able to get all my ingredients at my local Walmart! They make it super easy to gather what I need at their one stop shop and head on home to get my grilling on!