This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StayInWithBarilla #CollectiveBias
With Valentine’s Day coming up in a few weeks, I used to always stress about what to get Zach. After being together for the last 10 years, we’ve come to enjoy not the gifts but the simple act of just being together on this day. Over the last few holidays, we’ve actually loved just staying in the comfort of our home instead of braving the crowds and busy restaurants.
They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach and one of the dishes my husband loves to enjoy are pasta dishes! I decided for Valentine’s Day we’d have a romantic dinner at home and decided to make one of my favorite dishes, a One Pot Creamy Sausage Pasta. My three year old devours this pasta and I love that it only takes one pan to put everything together so clean up is a breeze! Any night you don’t need to do more than 5 dishes is a win in my book ( and my husband loves the extra time that we have together instead of slaving over a hot stove and soapy dishes! ) My favorite pasta to use is Barilla® Pronto® Penne because of it’s no drain ability and the sauce just clings to each noodle.
Interested in learning how to make this scrumptious and delicious dish? Here’s what you’ll need!
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
4 cloves garlic, minced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 lb ground mild sausage
16 oz Barilla Tomato sauce
4 cups water, divided
8 oz Barilla® Pronto® Penne
6 tbsp heavy cream
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and saute onions until they start to soften, about 8 minutes.
2. Stir in the garlic and a good pinch of salt and a few cranks of black pepper.
3. Crumble the sausage into the skillet and cook with the onions until browned.
4. Pour the sauce and 3 cups of water into the skillet and then stir the pasta into the mixture until well-combined.
5. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cover. Allow the liquid to simmer, stirring frequently to prevent the pasta from sticking, for about 15 minutes.
6. Every 5 minutes or so, stir in a little of the remaining cup of water. If the liquid starts boiling over, reduce the heat to low.
7. When the pasta is cooked through, stir in the cream and Parmesan cheese.
8. Allow the cream to heat through for 2 minutes.
9. Allow the dish to cool for 5 minutes before serving and enjoy!
I was able to grab almost all my ingredients at my local Target while out the other day which makes it easier for this pregnant Momma to be in and out. Make sure to check Barilla out on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram. You can even save 5% off your Barilla Pasta and Sauce and Mix and Match your favorites!