It’s a known fact in my house that being on the go is just part of what our family does. I’m either rushing out the door to get to work, Zach’s rushing around getting himself and Lily dressed and Lily is attempting to feed the 2 cats who are chasing one another. It can be chaotic to say the least! Thankfully, I try and prep as much as possible for moments when we don’t have a spare second to waist, so when we’re rushing we can grab what we need to go!
One of my favorite things to grab are quick sandwiches but not just your boring old peanut butter and jelly sandwiches either! I love to spice it up a bit and decided that for those adults who are going to work and one sassy little lady heading to school, we need to change that daily lunch sandwich to something more exciting.
Easy and simple, delicious and satisfying I decided to create these pepperoni pizza sandwiches! We love a good pizza ( in face every Friday night is pizza night in our home! ) but who doesn’t love a fun treat of having it for lunch, just as a different way of eating them? Plus, Martin’s Famous Potato Rolls are perfect for soaking in all that extra cheese and pizza sauce so you get a big mouthful of ooey gooey goodness with each bite! Drooling already? Here’s how you can make them in under a half hour!
– 8 Martin’s Famous Potato Rolls
-2 oz Sliced Pepperoni
-8 oz Mozzarella Shreds
-4 oz pizza blend shreds
-1/2 c pizza sauce
-2 T melted butter
– 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
– 1/4 teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Spray 9 x 11 baking dish with nonstick
3. Layer bottoms of rolls
4. Evenly sprinkle half the mozzarella on top of rolls
5. Gently spread pizza sauce on top
6. Arrange pepperoni slices in an even layer
7. Top with remaining mozzarella and pizza blend cheese
8. Finish with tops of rolls and press down gently
9. Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese has melted
10. Mix melted butter, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Brush mixture on top of rolls
11. Bake 1-2 more minutes
12. Serve immediately
This was such a big hit in our home and I loved how simple, easy and delicious it was to make! The best part is, these potato rolls are so soft, doughy and perfect for grabbing to head out the door, put into your kids lunches ( or yours! ) or take with to the park, playdate or meeting with coworkers! Whatever the choice, these sandwiches will be a hit no matter who you share it with!