Hi friends, my name is Sarah, and I’m the blogger behind Pretty Little Lists! I’m so excited to do a guest post today, and to share this Spicy Basil Lemonade Cocktail recipe with y’all! I’m always on the hunt for a good cocktail, especially one that can be made at home. Being a southern lady, I feel it’s always important to entertain guests with a fun and unique cocktail, and this is one cocktail that will not disappoint. It’s a little herby, a little spicy, and perfectly delicious and refreshing. I’m positive that this will be your new go-to cocktail of the summer. Enjoy and let’s get mixing!
Spicy Basil Lemonade Cocktail
For the basil simple syrup
- 15-20 basil leaves (depending on how herby you prefer; I used 20)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
For the Lemonade
- Juice of ~24 lemons or 4 cups lemon juice
- 2 cups Jalapeño Infused Vodka
How to Make It
- Combine the sugar, water, and basil leaves in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Continue boiling, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Strain the syrup through a fine sieve, cover, and chill in the refrigerator.
- Combine the vodka, lemon juice, and basil simple syrup in a pitcher and stir well.
- Serve immediately and garnish with a lemon twist and a basil leaf.
Want to make it a skinny cocktail? Sub 2 teaspoons stevia for 2 cups sugar.
Want it a little spicy but not too much? Try Mac’s recipe (and my personal favorite): Use 1 cup Jalapeño Infused Vodka and 1 cup regular vodka.
Not a fan of spicy? No problem, sub out the spicy vodka for 2 cups of regular vodka.
Need a non-alcoholic recipe? Sub the vodka for 2 cups water.