Comfort food has been on the menu since we’ve all been stuck in our house for the last two months. For my kids and myself, one of our go-to foods to continue to make weekly is mac and cheese. However, instead of just making a boring box of it, I thought I’d finally make a homemade version ( that actually tastes 237891 times better than the box ).
This mac and cheese only calls for a few ingredients ( most of which you might have already in your pantry and fridge ). My kids are always ‘starving’ so it’s not only easy to put together in minutes but my kids are able to help pour the pasta in the dish, add the cheese and help stir. Anytime they can assist, they love to do so.
One of the reasons this mac and cheese is a little different then others is it doesn’t call for any mustard for that tang aftertaste. My kids have never been a huge fan of it but what it does offer is ooey gooey cheese in every single bite! YUM!
- 16 oz box of Elbow Noodles
- 12 oz Colby Jack Cheese
- 12 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3 c milk
- 2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- Set oven for 350.
- Place elbow noodles into the bottom of 9 x 12 baking dish
- Add Colby Jack cheese and Sharp cheddar cheese
- Next add milk, heavy cream and the butter
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Stir everything together until well mixed
- Put into oven for one hour
- Serve immediately