I know this time of year is always about sharing what we are grateful for, the holiday traditions cheer of gift giving to loved ones and decorating our home with memorable objects. I personally love about 99% of all the Christmas songs that are played on the radio from the beginning of November until Christmas Day however there is one particular song that I can’t personally stand.
I really don’t remember when it began but I just remember the song coming on when I was younger and I had to close my eyes and try to plug my ears. I thought the song was particularly annoying and super slow tempo. In fact, when it comes on in the car I immediately change the station ha. The song is ” The Little Drummer Boy” and it’s just one I personally cannot enjoy.
A few of you shared with me on Instagram that you also found a few annoying Christmas songs you also couldn’t stand this holiday season! I wanted to share below what you all wrote ( don’t worry it’s anonymous so no fights break out ).
- ” All I Want For Christmas Is You “ – This song is SUPER over played and one I have to turn off or change the station if it comes on. I get everyone think it’s a classic but c’mon now!
2. Feliz Navidad – Oh I can’t stand this song! Plus half of my family doesn’t even know the words so what’s the point!
3. Do You Hear What I Hear – I never got this song. Hopefully we can all hear what you hear otherwise we just need to get our ears checked.
4. Away In A Manager– My family had me listen to this every year and every year I got out my ear plugs and gave them the rudest look ha. It’s such an awful songs and I don’t even know why I dislike it so much. Perhaps from over playing it so much growing up.
5. What Christmas Means To Me – My Dad used to play this by Stevie Wonder and I couldn’t enjoy it in my teens. it was just one of the songs I had to change to something else.
6. Step Into Christmas – This song by Elton John is the worst! I love all his songs except this god awful one. Why Elton?! Why!?
7. Baby Its Cold Outside– Any version of this song does get under my skin. I don’t think the true intent was all about prying on women but wow when you really listen to it it seems that way! More women in my office stand by not playing it over the holidays anymore because of the #MeTooMovement.
Are there any songs that haven’t been shared that you don’t like? Share below friends!