When it comes to moving it can be extremely stressful however moving during a pandemic adds an extra stress level we never thought about it. You can help lessen the stress if you plan properly and put a few of these practices into your work. Being prepared can help you during this huge transition and hopefully go a bit more smoothly then you hope. What steps should you take to help you and your family prepare for this big move? There are a few tips ot help below.
- Grab Boxes: There are severael places that you can grab supplies from or even order online if you are nervous to go to a store during this global crsis. Of course, you can always ask friends or family to help drop them off if they have any on hand as well. If you are planning to use boxes that are not in your immediate circle, you might want to have them sit for a few days or spray them with a disninfecant to remove any potential germs that may have gotten on them along the way. Also, don’t forget to grab packing tape or bubble wrap to protect fragile items you’ll be putting into the box.
- Sell Any Items You Don’t Wear: An easy way to sell and make quick cash is hosting a garage sale. While it might not be ideal, it can be easy to grab items and make money fast. Price your items ahead of time, wear a mask and provide any extra masks for those that come unprepared. Ask for exact change or use only credit cards only.
- Create A Packing Schedule: To help you lessen the stress, do not wait until the last minute to pack everything. Once you have gone through all the items you do not want, the hard part is packing up the items you do. If you are moving to a new area that will take a few days to get there, pack toiletries and bathroom ideas, clothing or any kitchen supplies like disposable cups or plates to use along the way.
- Color Code/Label: Labeling boxes for your move makes it easy to grab what you need and even easier to help you unpack. The more specific the better when it comes to labeling your boxes too. Put which room the item belongs to and then write what items are in the box in a shorthand form so you can quickly gloss over it when you are looking for specific items. You can either number each box and create a list for what is inside or write everything on the box itself.
Image: JC Movers and Lumper Service Inc
- Figure Out A Date To Leave: Look at factors like time off of work, time of help as well as the weather when you are planning to move. If you are looking for a truck to help you, hire a company to do the heavy lifting for you. JC Movers and Lumper Service Inc can assist you with the boxes, and packing and can take the stress out of pickup and delivery of these possessions. This moving helpers in Chicago is there to make it easier for you so be sure to give them a call if you are needing extra help.
- Figure Out The Best Route: If you are going across the country, it’s essential to find out where stops are to get gas, lodging, bathroom steps as well as where you want to eat along the way. Restaurants are not as nearly open as they were before so c in advance or look online for updated opening and closing times to help you make the best decision.
While moving can be a stressful and scary time, do your best to be prepared as possible. If you are taking a car, pack extra hand sanitizer wipes, clothes, toiletry items, masks and water. Do your best to not stress and go with the flow if things are not going your way. If anything, hire movers to help you and plan the bigger items for you and your family.