1. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – A Chicago native like myself always loves this movie ( but even if you’re not from Chicago- who doesn’t adore this movie ). It still rings true about all things that drive us nuts over Christmas.. crazy family members, getting Christmas bonus’s and trying to get the perfect feel/look of Christmas in and out of our home!
2. How The Grinch Stole Christmas – The newer version ( aka Jim Carey ) is one that’s always played in my house once the turkey is put away and the Christmas decor comes out. I think this version is hysterical, witty, filled with so many ‘one liners’ and gives you all the feels of joy, laughter and maybe even a few tissues.
3. Frosty The Snowman- I remember watching this movie as a kid and loving it. Now that I have an almost four year old, she also loves watching this movie and giggling and singing
4. White Christmas– Would you believe me if I told you I had actually never seen this movie until my sister came into town a few weeks ago and we watched it together? I know I know! It’s such a holiday classic and I will say, I really did enjoy it!
5. The Santa Clause- Another childhood favorite because let’s face it, who doesn’t want to have their own Dad be the Santa Clause? Tim Allen just does a fantastic job in this role and I just remember wanting to live at the North Pole. My toddler also enjoys watching this movie with me.
I asked a few of you on Facebook what your favorite Christmas movies was to watch– so what are your favorites that aren’t listed?