As you can tell this winter season, my family and I are big fans of soup for dinner. You’ve seen a few favorites already on the blog [ this LASANGA is a family favorite every month ] but when I made this White Chicken Chili soup, my family asked for two helpings each! #WINNING!
The best part to me is not only the chicken, but also the corn. I’m lucky to have my MIL/FIL gift us a few bags of sweet corn each year from their farm and it makes all the difference in this soup. I also love the ooey gooey cheese and while I personally think you can add any cheese to this dish to make it stand out, I went with mozzarella for a more salty taste.
Ok Ok, on to the recipe because I know you’re all drooling as much I am i right now looking at these pictures. I also love that it makes doing dishes afterwards a breeze because it only requires one pot to cook everything in. Mama like and appreciate after a long day am I right?
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast. cut into thirds
- 5 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 c. frozen corn
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella
- avocado chunks
- Ín a large pot, over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano, and cumin and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add chicken, broth and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 to 12 minutes, until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and shred with two forks( or shred in kitchen aid mixer ). Return to pot and add White beans and corn. Bring to a simmer and let cook, 10 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in sour cream.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with cheese and avocado chunks before serving.
What’s a favorite soup you enjoy making?